Friday, December 23, 2011

Season's Greetings

Naturally of an atrabilarious temperament (I love that word!), and having spent far too many Xmases serving food to drunken work parties all desperately pretending by shouting and singing that they were having a jolly old time, the spirit of the season is something I recoil from like a hound who once licked an electric fence. However, there is something to be said for a time of year when, rather than shoving through crowded streets to buy junk we don't need to the sound of advertisers' jingles, we take time to contemplate life, with its attendant joys and travails, in the company of people we care about. In that spirit, I hope that anyone who may read this is having a good holiday, and I attach a piece of music which has nothing to do with Christmas, but which I think is really beautiful.

5 comments:

Claude said...

Best Wishes to you and family! Thank you for all I've learned visiting you.

jams o donnell said...

I know how you feel Egg. I can't stand the run up to Xmas and the day itself is always a huge anticlimax. Still I hope you have a restful day and a great new year.

A Doubtful Egg said...

Thanks! (Embarrassingly, I've just noticed a mistake in the first line of the post, which I've now corrected.)

Stan said...

All is well in the west, thank you Egg. It's a good time of year to catch up with loved ones and claim respite from a few responsibilities. I wish you all a pleasant and peaceful end of year.

A Doubtful Egg said...

Thanks, Stan. And all the best to you and yours.