Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Music

I went out this morning at around 7.45 to clean the ice off my windscreen, and as I did so I felt a slight tickle on the tip of my nose. "I hope that's not what I think it is," I thought to myself as I flung a saucepan of lukewarm water over my car. Twenty minutes later, the snow was falling so heavily that I couldn't see the trees at the end of the field behind my house and I was sending an e-mail to work informing them that I wouldn't be travelling today. If anyone ever uses the words "white Christmas" or "winter wonderland" in my presence, I'll probably run amuck and need to be restrained by several burly police officers...

4 comments:

Claude said...

Will I be safe if I say: Poetic Whiteness? We only have a few flakes here, and I'm in hibernation till April.

What a musical performance! How I wish I could have been one of those pianists, in 1972. Truly an honour for the chosen ones. Forever linked with Cage.

A Doubtful Egg said...

You've only had a few flakes? I'm envious... We had two inches of snow fall in as many hours this morning, which is pretty rare in Ireland!
I love 'Winter Music'. I have a copy of it combined with 'Atlas Eclipticalis' which goes on for two hours, and it's glorious. Perfect for staring out at the snow on a full moon night...

jams o donnell said...

I'm glad to say that the snow has pretty much gone now and good riddance to it!

Have a very happy Christmas

A Doubtful Egg said...

Happy Xmas to you too! And everything is still covered in snow here!