Monday, August 23, 2010

An Amusement (XXV)

The following is something I find quite bizarre: someone took the Beatles' song "I'm So Tired" (from The White Album) and not only played it backwards, but wrote out lyrics based on the reversed vocal sounds. It's a fine example of this. The chorus ('I'd give you everything I've got for a little piece of mind') has become 'and I'm no simpleton without my history with you'. I've included this for two reasons: firstly, because the song (when unreversed) contains one of my favourite couplets ('although I'm so tired, I'll have another cigarette/and curse Sir Walter Raleigh; he was such a stupid git!'), and secondly, because it's a rather apt title considering I visited my consultant today and he confirmed that it is more than likely I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which is a bit of a nuisance.

No comments: