Sunday, April 25, 2010

Midnight in Dublin


“Loneliness is a desire for what is not there with you. You can be lonely for an infinite number of things, people, feelings – whatever creates a void in your life with its absence. Sometimes your loneliness has nothing to attach itself to. You’re just lonely, flat out ... Loneliness is energy. Powerful as hell. People make themselves sick on loneliness. They drink themselves into the floorboards. They do all kind of damaging things to themselves to combat their loneliness ... Life is capable of driving you out of your mind.” (Henry Rollins)

[Note: The deliberately shaky photo above was taken at the St Stephen's Green Luas stop at midnight, facing towards Grafton Street. And I must point out that I have no idea what the song I've included below is actually about, but I like the melody, and I feel that the combination of image/text/song work together nicely...]

2 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Gah it has been far too long since I was in Dublin. I must remedy that

A Doubtful Egg said...

I go up every now and again. Nice place to visit, but I'd prefer not to ever live there again (it's far too expensive for what you're getting out of it!).