Saturday, February 27, 2010

A New Dawn...


When I stumbled into our kitchen in my standard unfocused and bleary-eyed early morning state, with my semi-conscious brain only able to process the word "coffee", a sight out the window brought about a sudden infusion of pleasure. It was the rising sun, captured poorly by my partner's excellent camera in the picture above. Many hours later, I'm recovering after a day spent struggling with my new art pieces on the computer. At times I seemed to be heading straight down a festering and rubbish-strewn darkest-of-dark alleys, but in the end it turned out to be a very productive day indeed, with one very promising piece printed off and suggesting fruitful lines of inquiry. Much of this was done to the soundtrack of Mary-Anne Hobbs's radio show on BBC Radio 1 - suffice to say that if edgy contemporary dance-based electronica is your thing, you could ask for no better guide. Click here is you feel like sampling. And now I'm finishing up for the day, and what I see out the same window is this:

And, in light of that, here's a tremendously obscure song whose title tickled me when I stumbled across it earlier today. Enjoy...

5 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Only the early Egg catches the rising sun..

Lovely photos, D.E., very atmospheric. And I am pleased you were - and hopefully still are - pleased with the result of your work.

[And off the commenter goes, grinning at the moon. :) ]

jams o donnell said...

I hope the moon grins at me too!

A Doubtful Egg said...

Sean: I certainly am, although each new piece raises more questions than it answers, a good thing for an artist, I think... And if the moon grins at you, what better thing to do than grin back?

Jams: It's better than an irate moon scowling at you!

Claudia said...

Well done. Beautiful skies...Somehow, looking up there inspires many of our actions, our creativity, and leads us to a hopeful peace of the night.

A Doubtful Egg said...

It certainly does for me, Claudia! To wander along the beach with a storm-tossed sky overhead, cut through by shafts of sunlight: ah, Heaven... (Deepest apologies for my delayed response; I've been doing very little blogging recently due to other commitments, and, I'm sorry to say, I neglected to reply within a day or two as I prefer to.)