Saturday, September 5, 2009

An Update

In my last-but-one post, I wrote about a stained glass window in a church in Wexford which still displays a dedication made by Ireland's most notorious paedophile priest, and I mentioned that I had written to the bishop of Wexford, from whom I still await a proper reply. Now, obviously the bishop is a very busy man, but I did hear him on the radio during the week exhorting everyone to pray to God for an end to the recent rain, as it's causing great (and justified) worry to local farmers. I don't really see the point of this, seeing as God regularly fails to heed the prayers of, say, the parents of terminally sick children, but each to their own, I suppose. (I am reminded of a line in that awful film The Island, where Steve Buscemi says: "Well, you know when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you.") And for something related to that, here's a song. 

No comments: