Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wexford Sights (III)

After seeing the glorious Harry Clarke stained glass windows in Christ Church, Gorey, this morning*, my partner and I walked up Tara Hill in North Wexford to see the view from the summit. Unfortunately, a lot of it is now blocked by trees planted in the last thirty years, but there's still enough visible to make this worth the uphill trek (and the rather confusingly marked forest paths, many of which are somewhat overgrown). Above is a photo of a rather out-of-breath Egg and his faithful hound, while below is part of the view from the summit, looking north into County Wicklow. 

* The church is open for services every Sunday at 8.30 and 11.30, and if you live in the Wexford area I highly recommend a trip to see these wonderful art works - the services usually take about 40 minutes. I took photos, but can't post them without permission, so you'll just have to go yourself!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Beautiful view...

Handsome people at Wexford! Did you notice the faithful hound is also posing?

A Doubtful Egg said...

The hound always poses, except when you actually want him to! I've deleted so many photos where he's moved at the last minute and ruined the shot...

jams o donnell said...

What a beautiful sight. The sightof Wexford makes me yearn for a visit to where the Derrynasaggarts an the Boggerahs meet - My mum is from Millstreet in County Cork

A Doubtful Egg said...

I'm long overdue a trip to Cork myself; I haven't been in that part of the country in an awful long time. All I know about Millstreet is that my father seems to spend an inordinate amount of time there buying antique furniture! I'm glad you like the photo; it doesn't capture the real beauty of the place (but then again photos rarely do!)