Sunday, May 24, 2009

Worth Seeking (XI)

In my previous post I featured a video from a record company which dealt with the whole notion of YouTube and copyright infringement, a subject that's always been a thorny issue for music fans (remember the "home taping is killing music" warnings of the 1980s?). Well, last night I was bored and depressed, and as usual when in that state I was surfing the internet in a random fashion. While searching for Skip Spence on YouTube, I saw a link to the following song, by a singer I'd never heard of called Linda Perhacs (it appears on her only album, Parallelograms, released in the late 1960s). Now, if someone hadn't violated copyright and posted this song, I never would have heard it (and possibly bought the album on which it appears, as I have a soft spot for such music)...

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Thanks! Beautiful voice, and so very true lyrics. At any age...

jams o donnell said...

She does have such a beautiful voice. I m glad people violate copyright. Otherwise we would not come across such gems as this

Stan said...

This is lovely. I'd never heard of her either, and I'm a sucker for soft psychedelic folk sung by sweet sorrowful songstresses. Thanks for the introduction, Doubtful.