Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Worth Seeking (X)

It's grey and miserable here in Wexford, and I don't really have much of an inclination to write anything (again!), so I'm being lazy and posting a video instead. It's a piece of music I really like by Pierre Boulez. Unfortunately it's only half the performance, so you'll have to buy this CD if you want to hear the rest of it. Enjoy!

And for something completely different (and closer to my current mood, as I'm feeling pretty nihilistic at present), there's this:

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Having a great time here, D.E.

Only you would post the formidable intellect of the composer and conductor, Pierre Boulez next to the hilarious 'Nothing' of The Fugs.

Truly worth seeking, both videos. Thanks for depth and lightness...

A Doubtful Egg said...

Glad you liked them, Claudia! I was trying to find pieces that were practically at the opposite ends of the musical spectrum while still being worth listening to. I could have also used any number of tracks by the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, but it was the sheer incongruity of placing "Nothing" against such a blatant symbol of High Culture that amused me! (And I mean no disrepect to either M Boulez, or the Fugs.)