Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An Amusement (X)

Seeing as I just received my first spam comment, I've decided to enable comment moderation, but as I'm not sure how it works it's going to block everyone. My sincere apologies to regular commenters, and if anyone can tell me how I can alter the moderating process so as to allow certain users through, whilst keeping out the unknowns until I've had a chance to check whether they're bona fide or not, I'd be grateful! Anyway, by way of apology to regular commenters, I have something interesting for you here. I found this short film fascinating, and I love the soundtrack! More information on the filmmaker can be found here. Enjoy!

5 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I don't have anything in place to stop spammers and I get virtually no spam... perhaps I;m lucky. I will take a look at the film. I love that part of the coast. It's easily within driving distance.

A Doubtful Egg said...

I'm not sure why they've started targeting me - it's not like I get thousands of hits a day! - but it's a bit of a nuisance to see a new comment on a post, only to discover it's from someone selling cheap medication.
I'd love to see the site filmed here; it has a haunting quality that the film captures well. I've always had a fondness for derelict industrial sites in any case...

Sean Jeating said...

D.E.,
knocking on wood, I am as lucky as Jams, perhaps partly due to my chosen browser.
When I had the not-amusement of nightly spammers (some nasty folks amongst them trying to lure one to (nosily) click their (?) site only to get a virus, I decided to set not comment moderation but word verification, both not seldom quite a nuisance for visitors that might even keep some of them them off.
So after a week or fortnight, I gave 'hurdle free' commenting an other try, and did not have any trouble since. Still knocking on wood.

As for your recommended link: Interesting a film project, including the story behind.

A Doubtful Egg said...

Thanks Sean! I might stick with the moderation for a week, then change to word verification and see how that goes. Hopefully that deterrent will keep the spammers away.

Claudia said...

It says that Orford Ness is not a place to visit alone. Well...After seeing Cobra Mist's changing colours and listening to Benedict Drew's eerie soundtrack, I would prefer companionship to walk around the land. Beautiful experienc though. Strange... shivering or shimmering. Film and sound are very tuned in.

I wish I had been able to see and hear the other six presentations. I don't seem to have the right program to access them.

BTW comment moderation doesn't bother me at all. Many blogs have it because of trolls.